looking for a vet for facial abcess - halifax/dartmouth area

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twitch

al has a facial abcess that needs tending, i'm trying to find a vet that would be good for that in my area. facial abcesses are a bugger and al is nearly 2 but in good health otherwise. i read about dr cargney and i'm not confident in taking a rat in for surgery there, is there another rat experienced vet anywhere in the area?

I really don't know who to recommend. I have been doing a bit of reasearch into it but I haven't found anyone that I feel overly confident with....

Twitch, Dr Carnegy is the one who did your boy's neuter .... remember?
I don't know of any vets there I would recommend .... but if you could get him here, I would highly recommend the vet that treats my rats.

yes, i do remember. there wasn't any problems with the neuter after the hematoma other then it looked bad which is why i looked him up here. but after reading other people's experiences with him and seeing that he seems to be hit or miss a lot on complications, i don't feel confident in taking a facial abscess to him; they're tricky enough on their own. now that i live in dartmouth though i would not be able to get al all the way down to fredericton, i need to find someone closer to home.

nevermind. i tried vetwise animal hospital here in dartmouth. i had made an appointment there to have bron pts but he went on his own, so i took al in nad asked a bunch of questions until i felt comfortable with their knowledge base to let them operate on him. the facial abscess was actaully cancer, likely malignant and heavily involved with his jaw. i decided to not let al wake up then have to deal with the pain of the surgery and the evenutal pain of the cancer.

Back