Critter Care Natural Bedding

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkBlade

Hello all,

I am looking for the most suitable bedding for my pet rats but since I'm in Bathurst, small crappy city, I am kinda limited and I have no credit card so can't buy from online stores. Which would you pick?

1 - Critter Care Natural Bedding (Which I'm currently on)
2 - Papertowel
3 - Newspaper
4 - Shredded white sheets
5 Other (Any suggestion?)

Other than that, I only saw some pine and cedar bedding, which I already know aren't good so I don't take them.

Have you considered using fleece liners? I have my boys on fleece blankets from the Dollarama that are secured with clips. Then all you have to do is unclip them and throw them in the washing machine. Its much cheaper and alot easier if you dont have access to a large selection of different beddings.

I use towels. Walmart had small bath towels on sale for 2.50 during boxing week and loaded up on them.

I cut and edge my towels so they fit nicely on the pans then clip them down with binder clips, but you could just as easily just fold them over. I also prefer them over fleece.

I went from using Carefresh Bedding to aspen shavings to fleece. I've finally settled on fleece. It's cheap, clean and easy to use! :thumbup:

Back