Just couldn't leave them for a week

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godmother

We decided to cancel our Christmas visit out of town, even though it will be sad not to be with our friends as usual.

I'd dropped all the ratties off at our pet-sitter's, and they had settled in well. I did errands, then came home to the empty cages.

I was trying to eat supper... then started to cry. :cry3: My husband had taken photos of the girls just before I took them away, because he was afraid that the three oldest ones (Corrie's last daughters) might die before we got back. I suddenly realized that it was insane to go away instead of relaxing at home and spending some quality time with them. They have rallied after last week's bout with dehydration, but they are over 32 months old and I won't have them much longer. The last three times I have gone away there was a life-threatening crisis; Melissa (who died the day after I got back), Tia (who died suddenly and unexpectedly when I was on holiday), and Georgie (who had a close call but rallied, and is still doing OK).

So my sweet oldies are upstairs settled in their cage. :D It will be nice to be with them, and I am still getting a break from cage-cleaning because the others are still at the sitters.

Awww I am sorry about your vacation but glad to hear your heart will be at peace now, and that is what Christmas is all about.

I am missing Christmas with my family because of sick rats myself. I may not be with my human family but I will be with my ratty family and thats just fine.

((hugs))

For me, there's nothing like being home with my ratties. But I guess that's easy for me to say when my mom and dad, my sister and her hubby all live in my building. So we are together always.
Many times Scott has asked me to go on vacation but my answer is always no... who will take care of my babies?

Your rats are so lucky to have you Godmother!!

It has been nice spending extra time with them. This morning they got porridge (their favourite) and we now have a video of them eating it. They are drinking and eating well now. So I will leave them in peace to sleep for a few hours before taking them out for some snuggles.

Back