My Rat Is Dying

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

studiofelidae

I checked on my ratties today and one of them hard her mouth open and was breathing through it, so I quickly took her to an emergency vet since the vet I go to was closed today.

They took her in but didn't know what was fully wrong, and asked me for $600 dollars for testing and other things. And I don't have that money, so they lowered it enough for me to buy antibotics and pain relief; the problem is I've given her the medicine but she's getting worse, and I hate seeing her in pain, but the vet that would put her down isn't here at the moment and I don't know how I can make her comfortable or make her feel better.

The first vet I took her too told me to keep her alone, and I hate doing it to her (apparently what she has in contagious) and I've put some toys her sisters and mom play with to make her feel better.

I've sat her in a steamy room, tried feeding her; given her the medicine i've been given, and I've been holding her.

Back