Eijie

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UhHuhHer

Eijie is the reason I was able to get rats again after giving them up. I picked her out for a friend and fell in love with her. From the moment we held her in the lobby of KC Pet Project, neither of us could imagine not bringing her home with us.

She was not a very old rat (I doubt she was 2 yet) but we called her our old lady. And she looked the part. She had two litters that we knew of back to back after she was brought into the care of the shelter we got her from, fresh from a hoarder house. Some of her children still live with my friend and I.

Eijie loved kisses. She loved to cuddle. She was like a mother to her 8 cage mates, and was an actual mother to a couple of them. I don't think she ever met another rat or person she didn't love.

Her health had been in steady decline for the past few months. She'd been on three separate meds almost constantly during that time, sometimes on their own and sometimes together. Life had been very hard on her and her body didn't have it in it to bounce back any more. She passed away in her cage overnight.

Every time I held her and noticed how fragile and small she always felt, I knew she wouldn't be with us as long as we hoped. But I also kind of thought she might never die. Eijie was a happy constant in our lives since the day last spring when she crawled into my hands.

I hope you rest well, old lady. Your dad and I miss you. View attachment FB_IMG_1513275202203.jpgView attachment FB_IMG_1513275196994.jpgView attachment FB_IMG_1513275076851.jpg

Thank you for sharing about Eljie and the wonderful pictures of her.
She sounds like such an amazing girl

I am so very sorry for your loss

Back