Sleeping Latte

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovies0808

Hello evryone. im new to this website and would just like to post out my concern. ive had rats in the past before, i have 5 now :) but ive never had one quite like Latte. She's named that because she s white with very light brown marks on her and shes about 3 weeks old to the bunch. ever since i got her, she just sleeps all day on a corner of the top flor of the cage. lately shes been sleeping on my oldest Coco, i think for comfort. could there be something wrong with her? she eats and drinks regualrly, she just not playful or very active :/ and it worries me. does anyone have any idea what could it be?

How old is she?
Are you sure she isn't up and running around etc during the night?
Is she ok with the others? How did she do with them during the gradual introductions?

she gets along well with the other ones. she eats on a regular, and she plays but only for about 2 or so hours, in the early morning. shes about 3 months old, maybe less. i got her from a feeder a month ago.

any other syptoms?
can you post a video?
How is her breathing?

I had a young boy years ago that had a very low activity level ... eventually my vet tried a heart med (benezapril) with him and he became much more active and seemed to feel much better.

You might want to make an appointment with a good, knowledgeable & experienced rat vet as he may have something wrong, such as a heart issue, that can be helped

Shes I believe approximately 3 months old. She's not very large, but she has added on some weights since ive gotten her (a month ago) I will try to post a video/picture of her later on.

Back