Finally getting my boys a cage they deserve

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UhHuhHer

The add on for my DCN set up is on its way finally. I'm excited to get the little boys into it. I've done everything I can to make the old black wire cage safe and comfortable for them, but it's garbage and I'll be glad to be rid of it.

Here is their current cage.
enhance

When it became clear they were too small to be safe in my big blue cage, I had to figure something out fast and had to take the old shell of a black cage out of storage. I added the wooden shelves and the cat hammock and wrapped the wire shelf in fleece to prevent feet injuries. I had to get clips for the sides of the cage to keep it together. It's a wreck.

I really am. I've felt so guilty about the cage they have now. I'm excited to get the new cage all set up for them and get them moved in. And I'll feel safer when they're in a cage that isn't so high. Little Maisy has a headtilt and likes to climb, and I'm always worried about him falling in his current cage and landing wrong.

Back