Truro, Nova Scotia.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CheerioandRuffles

I have taken my rats to both Dr. Babineau, an exotic vet, and Dr. Van Doninck, not an exotic vet, at Central Nova Animal Hospital in Truro, Nova Scotia, or just inside Bible Hill to be more specific.
I have had good experiences with both, and they are both open to options I mention and helping out in every way they can. Both seem quite knowledgeable in what they're doing and I haven't had any issues with either.
Just thought I'd post about them here.

Sorry for such a late reply.. That's my old account that I had forgot all of the information about.
I just had my first surgery done with Dr. Babineau recently, it was to repair an infected wound. The surgery went really well and the rat did well afterwards. They treated her very well and the vet tech was also very helpful and friendly.
However, the infection was quite serious and she was not able to remove enough of the infected tissue, due to muscles etc. and Frances wasn't responding to medical treatment at all, and was put to sleep.
So, I'd say they did a really good job on the surgery and taking care of her afterwards, Frances's issue was just too serious to be fixed, which I knew was a possibility going into surgery. I mentioned putting on sock on her to keep her from tearing at her stitches and when I picked her up later that day, the vet tech had already made a little sock sweater for her. :)
They're very friendly there, and I love the work they do and how helpful they are. I would recommend both vets mentioned.

Back