Tumour removal- a closer look

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really interesting stuff. Makes me appreciate our vets!

And, for anyone afraid to look at the pics, they aren't *that* bad. I am quite squeamish and they didn't really bother me. None of them are really close up or anything. :wink:

That is excellent, very fascinating! I have seen it with my own rats and, no offense, it is easier to see in other peoples rats rather than your own.
I am really surprised at the weight of it. I know it was big, but wouldn't have guessed that it weighed so much. That would have been very difficult for a rat to carry around, I bet she felt so great getting rid of it.

holy.. that was huge
surprised-019.gif

glad ur girl is healed well

I had a girl a couple of years ago that had a tumor that same size under her front leg. Her incision was about as long as that one. It looks small to us but when you really think about it it can be compared to us being cut from our waist to our armpit and up the length of the arm as well. That's major!

Very fascinating.

Jules, thanks for sharing the pictures of Sunshine. I emailed you through your website, but I thought I'd send it here too. I appreciate my vet but when I saw the pictures, it really gave me more respect for what they really do. Like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words! I'm so glad we have vets that are gentle and loving toward our wonderful pet ratties!!
Julie :joy:

aww im glad she's ok now, this helped me alot, as i just found one of my ratties has a tumour on her mammary gland, so this was a great help, and put my mind at ease about an operation, so thankyou! she is going for the operation this tuesday :sad3: so fingers crossed!

Congratulations to Acrorat Jules on such a successful surgery and thanks to Jo for bringing us the story. :heart:

They did a great job.
My soap box:
People think I probably jump on the 'surgery bandwagon' much too quickly, but when my girls had their tumors removed, it was very simple and fast because the tumor was small! It only took 5-10 minutes for Mimi's tumor removal, and I was allowed to watch. Snip, snip, sew, sew and away we went. So please consider early intervention for tumor removal if possible. It's just so much easier all around...

Joanne said:
My soap box:
People think I probably jump on the 'surgery bandwagon' much too quickly, but when my girls had their tumors removed, it was very simple and fast because the tumor was small! It only took 5-10 minutes for Mimi's tumor removal, and I was allowed to watch. Snip, snip, sew, sew and away we went. So please consider early intervention for tumor removal if possible. It's just so much easier all around...

I'm like you... quick to surgery too.

Back