250+ Things Only Rat Owners Will Understand

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#155 Every fews days you get a panic attack because your rat sleeps in a position that looks like a dead rat. :death:

#156 The need to hug and kiss said dead looking rat no matter how upset they are for getting woke up @ 3pm :lol6:

Last edited:
Thread revival-cuz I miss my babies.

#152 Missing a few eyelashes due to ratty eye exams.

#153 Finally realizing you have so many rats that you need a dcn quad.

#154 Loving your rat children so much you dream about them.

My wife is always losing eyelashes. Kills me watching the rattie chewing and looking at you like "What?!?!?!"

#157 Just watching them in their cage...
#158 Staying as still as possible as though you're not there to get them to 'act natural'
#159 Opening the cage to say 'hello' as soon as they settle down and succeed in getting them all excited again

#161 - watching my partner squeal when my boys assert their dominance by nipping at his nipples, lower back and underarms, while I get all the licks and cuddles! :lol::evillaugh:

#155 Every fews days you get a panic attack because your rat sleeps in a position that looks like a dead rat. :death:

Yes! I had one boy in particular who would sleep with his eyes open. One time he was napping on top of his house with his head lolling over the edge. Slowly he started to slide off and when I saw he wasn't catching himself I had a moment of panic when I shouted his name but he just kept staring off into space...and then plopped on his head! A moment later he hopped to his feet looking a little confused but very much alive, lol.

23.) being worried that if someone digs though your trash they'll be horrified by all the empty syringes they find
THIS!! I am always worried I´ll look like biggest drug dealer in town, just because my rats are ill :sad-p:

163.) Waking up from hard sleep just because you had a feeling something is wrong

164.) That moment, when lady in drug store just sighs when she sees you: Rats are ill again?

165.) Habitualy (causing the horror in your friends eyes) picking up stray poops with bare hand and throwing them back to cage like Michel Jordan and continuing in conversation like if nothing happend :cheerful:

And I am surprised this was not in here yet: 166.) RAT ELEVATOR! When you see your babies are trying to get somewhere, you offer them your hand, they crawl on it and you lift them wherever they wanted to go.

21.)
23.) being worried that if someone digs though your trash they'll be horrified by all the empty syringes they find

LOL

167) when the staff at the pharmacy know you by name because you are in there so often to pick up meds or syringes for the ratties

168) you make homemade soup for the ratties (not yourself)and eat what is left after their bowls are filled

Last edited:
Rise, thread! Rise from your mighty sleep! :: finger wiggling::

There's an article on a comedy site (which one is unimportant) wherein the writer describes the setting of a commercial from a few years back. "The ad opens on the... dank rat den of an office."

My first thoughts: "The description is utterly wrong. There's nowhere near enough Kleenex in that office for it to be a proper rat den. And dank? Well, maybe if it's the day before cage-cleaning and several have been marinating, then sure, a little. Otherwise, though? Not so much. Have you seen some of the hammocks out here? Go away, and try your metaphor again!"

This is from my rat group on FB... I just had to share this lady's story. I'm sure she won't mind. I found it quite funny!

Oh-1 more joy of being a ratty-mom. Picked up a piece of my boy LeCrae's huge poop that was on the carpet, stuck it into the pocket of my sweater and forgot about it. Later put my vitamin C pill (which is the same size and shape as rat poop) into the same pocket of my sweater. Just now I reached into pocket and swallowed what I thought was my vit. C. It tasted weird. Later went to throw out the rat poop and found my vit. C pill. Oh-BLICK!!!!

This is from my rat group on FB... I just had to share this lady's story. I'm sure she won't mind. I found it quite funny!

Oh-1 more joy of being a ratty-mom. Picked up a piece of my boy LeCrae's huge poop that was on the carpet, stuck it into the pocket of my sweater and forgot about it. Later put my vitamin C pill (which is the same size and shape as rat poop) into the same pocket of my sweater. Just now I reached into pocket and swallowed what I thought was my vit. C. It tasted weird. Later went to throw out the rat poop and found my vit. C pill. Oh-BLICK!!!!

NOOOOoooooo! Rofl!!!!

170. Spending all day doing rat crafts, just for your rat to destroy it, and make their own idea of a craft out of it within 5 mins of you giving it to them!

171. Your new "signature perfume" is rat pee. And it doesn't bother you.

172. Going all day with rat pee spots on your shirt because you forgot to change before you left the house.

173. You buy/make a ton of toys, but all they want to do is climb on you, and be in your lap.

174. You are their personal jungle gym.

175. When that rescue that was so scared, would always bite, then, just as you're almost losing hope, you do the thing that makes the breakthrough, and now you have a sweet cuddly rat that's obsessed with you.

I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned.
176. How DEVASTATING it is to lose your heart rat.

177. The term heart rat.

178. Making up new words for things to do with your rats. Rentist for when they check out your mouth (rat dentist), roctor for when they check out your eyes and ears (rat doctor), raircut for the trimming they give your hair, reash for rat leash.....

179. RATITUDE. Enough said.

Back