My 6 Girls

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa's ZOO

Hi, I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I have six rats Lilly, Flower, Clover, Jazmine, Ivy and Rose. I discovered rats about 18 months ago when I found a wild baby. I researched and tried to save it but it died. So I learned more and more about domestic rats and decided after a few months of research to get one. Lilly started it all. I got her first and then I think a week or two later Flower came along. I couldn 't stop I was addicted. As the herd grew I decided to build a cage and I used the Cement tray plans from the Rat Fan Club to build a 36X24X36 cage. The girls love it. I can never go to the without buying them something. I had a seventh girl Sweet Pea (RIP) but she had a severe heart condition and died on the way to the vet she was maybe 8 to 12 weeks old. I only had her for 24 hours but I balled when I saw her in her carrier. I will never again leave a sick one alone in a carrier I will get someone to drive while I hold them. That way they are never alone and don't have to die alone. Big regret.[/i]

Welcome!!!

Your girls have such pretty names. I'm so sorry for your loss, we can all understand that deep feeling of loss even though you've only had her for a short time.

Rats are definitely addictive. I started out with 2 but it quickly became 26. :D

what beautiful names your girls have
we love meeting other rats

so sorry to hear about your last little girl, mum had tears in her eyes reading your post. our deepest sympathy friend. its hard to loose someone, even if you had her for such a short time. im sure she will be loved & remembered.

Hello! We agree that we LOVE your names! We were almost Clover and Willow, but the daddy in the house said that was waaaaaay too girlie. He was rooting for Cuff and Link. So I guess we got a pretty good compromise!
Anyway, it sounds like you've got a cooool set-up there. Can't wait for pictures!

Welcome! I live in Oklahoma City. Nice to see another Oklahoman... but you live in a REAL town! :wink: I also got addicted to rats very quickly...starting with two, and quickly ending up with five. Our sixth died only four days after she came home to us. We were devastated, even though she was with us for such a short time. Amazing how attached we become...and how quickly. I can't imagine being without them.

Back