Females wont stop chewing and destroying!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabris

So I have three young female rats one is a year now and the others are about 6 1/2 months. I have had males for many years and I havent had females in a lot time and I've noticed my females destroy EVERYTHING.

I have tried and tried but it feels impossible to save any sort of level cover because they're destroyed mercilessly in a matter of days! I've put toys in only to lose them in under 12 hours because my two youngest rats tag team everything in a whirlwind of destruction!!!

I want ideas to keep them busy or something because Im at my wits end!

oh yeh that's girls for you!

best thing really i think is to find as much recycled stuff like old tpaper tubes, boxes, newspapers and that sort of thing for them to destroy

i get my girls wooden chews and some bird toys, they are chewed up a bit slower thankfully

a box of tissues is good too, or a roll of adding machine paper

it sucks but girls are like that.
I'd say lots of out time might help but my girls have a LOT of out time and they still trash their cage
:p

oh yeh that's girls for you!

best thing really i think is to find as much recycled stuff like old tpaper tubes, boxes, newspapers and that sort of thing for them to destroy

i get my girls wooden chews and some bird toys, they are chewed up a bit slower thankfully

a box of tissues is good too, or a roll of adding machine paper

it sucks but girls are like that.
I'd say lots of out time might help but my girls have a LOT of out time and they still trash their cage
:p

I cant believe i forgot about this level of naughty!

Thank you so much ive given them some newspaper to shred and its helping some! Unfortunately my stash of toilet paper rolls got thrown out but ill start building those up! Def gonna try some boxes and what now!

I take them out daily and let them cause havoc but its never enough!

I really appreciate your tips!

Back