yet another girl!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilangel

well there was this guy posting his female rat with cage and all for free and said if he did not find a home by tues he said he would not know what to do so me being the friendly pet person i took her in. he had her posted for a long time too and no one wanted her :cry4: so me feeling bad i had to take her in.

she looks black and white but shes really Agouti hooded really cute and friendly too. only thing is i have to find a way to order a bottom for that cage from superpet as she chews the bottom :doh: also going to try and get her use to friends in time(long way from now) i hope she will like friends.

side note:if a rat has never been with another for so long will it affect her?

i feel like the rat lady in hull now :laugh4: :hug4:

Aw, poor pretty girl. Thank goodness you could take her in. She looks like she needs a nice cozy hammock. :heart: I think that rats can become more anti social when they have been alone for a long time. But some rats are deprived of it that they can be introduced without an issue.

i hope in time she will do well with others. in time i will see :) at least she came with her cage and knows her smells and feels more at home. yeah ill have to homemake her a hammock till i get a sewing machine(i hope soon;) )

Congratulations! You can introduce her to other rats even if she's been on her own for ages. It may take a bit longer, but at the same time it may not. Do you have any other rats or how long do you think you will adopt some more rats? The sooner she gets friends the happeir she will be.

congRATS!!! You are hooked!!
I've seen lots of rats that were alone all their life and take to buddies so fast. It's like they were so thrilled to find buddies. It's just amazing, rats really do love rats. :heart:

so far she seems good, yeah she must have been so bored in life because her cage is chewed up a bit :? the bottom i will have to order one someday as she made a tiny hole in one of the corners :panic: but i do not have credit cards and such so i might go see petsmart and ask them if they do special orders from certain companies.

Aww she is a cutie. I took in a rat who had been alone for two years and, once introed, he just loved other rats. He didn't really know at first how to love them but he soon learned. He ended up in a colony of 9.

Congrats on the beautiful little girl.
I hope you are soon able to start intros for her with other rats.
Rats really need other rat friends to live with. Otherwise they can become withdrawn and develop other problems.
And a lone rat needs to spend several hours interacting with you daily.

SQ said:
Congrats on the beautiful little girl.
I hope you are soon able to start intros for her with other rats.
Rats really need other rat friends to live with. Otherwise they can become withdrawn and develop other problems.
And a lone rat needs to spend several hours interacting with you daily.

indeed she takes up most of my day(i do not work witch is a great plus side for her) she spends her days with me on my computer(like a little ferret) out most of the day and sleeps at night in her cage.

so far the intros have not been doing so well with milkshake and Luna(Fancy ended up getting a big gash on her back from it so thats a big stop for me with intros with milkshake and luna)

i got two more girls(so i have 7 in total rats) a hairless blue and a Russian Blue haired they are younger then milkshake and luna 4months old so maybe they will take in fancy easier then the other two girls.

Back