FREE 2 friendly boys being dumped at pet store as snake food - St John NB

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
kijiji ad - 2 friendly boys & cage being dumped at pet store for live snake food if not gone today or tomorrow

- pictures in ad

==============================

These are FREE.
MUST BE PICKED UP... today or tomorrow i start school on friday.
If not i will have to take them to pet store.

I live in welsford!
Well socialized rats never have bit me before.

Come with cage . rats . water bottle. and lots of food.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-free-pets-donate-pets/saint-john/2-male-rats-and-cage-free/1015898992?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Can anyone save these boys?
.... Several years ago I sent a friend to rescue a rat whose owner dumped him at a pet store.
He was terrified and came running as fast as he could when she called his name. I
t is criminal that any rat be in a pet store or be used as snake food but the terror, grief and betrayal that once loved pets experience adds an extra dimension to their
suffering.

They are an hour or 1.5 hours away by car and I am not allowed to drive due to health issues.

Also I am renting a room, have 9 rats and do not dare take them on as I can not commit to any more animals due to my circumstances
Godmother adopted the last rat I rescued this summer (she can only take girls due to allergies), and the girl I rescued before that in May I snuck in and she is here permanently.

Posted on rat sites ... made a phone call and sent an email to a rescue that may still be in operation, contacted someone on rieshare,
and sent person with the rat another email
Waiting to hear back.

If worst comes to worse, I'll try to sneak them in ...
and then I will not be able to help the lone older boy at the SPCA

I don't know how on earth I will find the money for two more neuters .... I have so many seniors on multiple meds
If I become homeless, I may have to send them up to you in ON ... LOL

So ... keep your fingers crossed

Rideshare person (UNB prof) refused, saying he is not a delivery service
So I posted an ad as no one else is offering a drive
Still waiting to hear back from the rescue and owner

I made arrangements for them to be transported to me today, but he found a friend to give them a home
I invited them to join this forum. Hope they do
Hope the rattie boys have a great life
:)

Just heard back ... one of them died today :( and the other boy went to his new home
I invited both owners to join this forum, sure hope they do.
Also sent info re care of rats
hope it helps

Back