Young rats looking for a new home

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh

Hello I have 14 small rats looking for a new home, 5 of them are 6 weeks Tuesday and the rest will be 5 weeks Today. The 6 weeks old rats are 1 white boy, 2 grey boys,1 black boy and 1 black female. The 5 week old rats are 1 white female,3 black female,4 grey female,1 grey male. I also have pictures if you want to see them

What province and city are you located in? People will need to know that information since this section is Canada wide. Was it an accidental breeding or planned?

I live in London Ontario and ya it was, when I first got my male rat I didn't know he was a male at the time. I just recently got him neutered

You can save pics in photobucket and them post each image link on here.

Please put the prov and general area or prov and city in your profile so people will know where you are when you post

Beautiful babies
Just in case you aren't aware, baby boys are separated from mom and sisters at 5 weeks.
Baby girls stay with mom until at least 6 weeks old and never need to be separated.

When introing rats, if all rats are under 12 weeks old, you can just put them together as they will view new rats as playmates.
If any rats are over 12 weeks, there are established gradual steps to ensure that no one is hurt

Rats need to go to new homes in same sex pairs or triads (or larger same sex groups)

good luck and keep posting cute pics

baby boy - 6 weeks

16k75uc.jpg

baby boy - 6 weeks

ezqr8n.jpg

baby boy - 6 weeks

kd4uvl.jpg

baby boy - 6 weeks

2sbldhu.jpg

Last edited:
It might take awhile to find them homes. Be prepared to keep them in same sex groups until then. You can ask some of the members here on how to draw up adoption contracts and always make sure to charge a re-homing fee to ensure they go to good homes. =^.^=~

*as for photos, there is a Photos section here that you can create an album in and upload photos to. After that all you do is copy the direct link and choose the "Insert Image" icon and paste the link in there to add the photos to your thread. Hope this helps?

Thanks for all the information on what to do it helps a lot :), where could I ask on how to draw up a adoption contract ? And Minnieflower I have 7 females

If you'd like Josh I could add these babies to my rescue website. Just need your permission to use the photos
I'll also private message you my adoption form. You are free to use it as is (with your name instead of the rescue name or change it however you like.

I lost a couple of old boys this year and I'm down to one (a year old), looking for new cagemates but I can't get to London. Let me know if anyone brings them to TO.

I lost a couple of old boys this year and I'm down to one (a year old), looking for new cagemates but I can't get to London. Let me know if anyone brings them to TO.
Perhaps you should post something in the Transportation section? It would be great if you gave some babies a home.

Back