Tattoos

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamarat2

I didn't want to hijack the other thread anymore than I already had.

Anyone else out there have interesting tattoos? I have a few :) This is my rat tattoo on my leg.

rattat.jpg

I also have a unicorn tribal on my back, with the chinese symbol for truth just above it, and my sign on my stomach (taurus). Had the unicorn/chinese symbol pic in photobucket but can't seem to find it at the moment, will upload it again when I get home.

I have several, but only one rat one. I have the artwork done of Jasper to add to this one, but right now it is Magic alone.
tat1.jpg

Oh goodness. The first is so cute with the curly tail, and the second, so realistic! They really are artists.

First you gotta get the guts
To go and be tattood
Then you have to get the bucks
To put that ink on you.
I love the result, but the process is scary
I'm chicken, I'm wimpy, I'm weirded & wary
I surely would love to honor my rats
But I dread having needles, so why pay for that?

I'd love to have a rattie tattoo! But I got one tiny tattoo and it was horrible, I had to lie on the cold floor twice thru it. Humiliating! So I won't get another, but I can sure enjoy you getting one, right? So do it for you and your rattie-love but know there will be some people who are sure cheering you on, and will be there with you but not looking at the needles.

Lol yeah anyone I know who gets them brings a cheerleading squad with them. ;)

I think word of mouth is best to be honest.

There is no denying that tattoos hurt!! I have a dove tattoo and when I had it done it was the longest hour of my life! Of course, I'm just a big wimp, heh heh heh I would love to get a rat tattoo as soon as I get the nerve to get another tattoo.

I've always wanted to get a dragon tattoo, either on my ankle or shoulder blade. I'm just too scared to ever get it done, and if I do.. it has to be PERFECT. I'll wait a while, and maybe one day I'll find a design I love. :)

jorats said:
I'd love to get a tattoo of a rat but I'm such a chicken sh!$.
How do you find a good tattoo shop? Any questions to ask?

Most tattoo places will have websites where you can visit and look at what each artist has done in the past. Many long term tattoo artists will specialize in a specific type of tattoo over and above your average tattoo - like someone who specializes in redoing over top of an existing tattoo, one who specializes in animals or human portraits.
You can go into a shop and have the artist provide a drawing for you ahead of time that will illustrate whether they can produce exactly what you want. If you decide not to go with them, they might ask you to pay for the artwork but that would be better than to settle for getting the tattoo anyway when you aren't completely satisfied with it.
Plus, you have to take into account that there are just some things that you cannot achieve with a tattoo. Size is a huge consideration when asking for a lot of detail, there is no way to get a lot of detail with a tiny tattoo. Often, when you discuss with them what you want, they will be happy to explain the limitations that you will face in turning your idea into a tattoo.
Other than that, it is word of mouth.
I have four and each one was done at a different shop. I probably wouldn't go back to any of them a second time, and would have a lot more than four tattoos if I could find a tattoo artist that I am truly happy with.

make sure you want it, wait 5 years and then think again. My friend got a very VERY stupid one (nazi-symbol) and she's having it removed now, the pain is extreme (she's had piercings in unmentionable places without twinching an eye), she's got the lazer-treatment 12 times and I guess she'll have to go 12 more times (3 months between treatments), and scares will be for ever.
Sorry - just had to warn. I'm a chicken too, if I wasn't I'd have a rooster on my ankel, always wanted that 8)

jorats said:

Make sure you find a reputable tattoo artist that uses brand new needles and all of the sanitary things like that.

As far as artistry, all of my tattoos except for the one on my stomach I had drawn for me or altered in some way from the design I originally found to make it my own. No one else has the tattoos that I have and the one on my back, I still have the original design for. Will have to find that pic tonight.

I don't have any because I have other things that need to be paid first :rant: but my bf's niece in Toronto as some great ones, she has her left arm in almost a sleeve with Invader Zim tats they connect to the black star she has on her shoulder with the same star on the other shoulder. She has some on the inside of her wrists a lovely girl in a tree on her back and others I don't need to see. :roll: She has promised me that the next time we go to visit her , she'll get one done free for me :dance:
Here's the best pic I could get of her tats, she doesn't have the blue hair and facial piercings anymore, she had to get a real job :D great girl and the tat is completed now in the pic it's not

451363195_m.jpg

jorats said:

Jo, when I was in Sudbury, I know of many people that went to Canadian Red Dragon on Kingsway to get tatoos. I don't know if it is still there or still of the same good quality. I went there for a navel ring (which I don't have anymore since my body apparently doesn't like foregin material poked through my skin)...

For a tattoo, be willing to wait. If an artist can get you in next week.... think about why that is....

Most good artists in my city have 5 month - 1 year waiting lists!

I love the rat tattoos!! I however, am also deathly afraid of the pain.

LA, ya, I've been looking at them, not going in though...lol

Lise, wow! that's a long wait... enough time to make you change your mind. lol

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst, how bad is the pain?

Back