116 rats needing rescue in Chester VA

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rescue groups do not allow rats to go as feeders or as breeders or to homes that are not good. They use contracts, have return clauses etc

I can see a rescue group, in an impossible situation, having a good vet humanely euthanize rats but this? Absolutely not!!

Rescue groups and SPCA need to investigate this.
This sounds like fraud if they took in animals as a rescue

Please find people to investigate. find names and addresses of who is doing this/where the rats are and then have this ad flagged and removed

This is no different from a feeder breeder and may actually be a feeder breeder
They are charging money for each rat going as live food.

I'm not surprised but they haven't gotten in touch with me yet. I just sent an email asking about potentially adopting a baby, to see where it would go. I'm really not sure how to go about getting them investigated?

Let rescues know about this. See about making a complaint to the SPCA re phone hotline etc

Post about this on RatsRule on Goosemoose as you are in the USA

I tried going to the link, but the page could not be found or something. This is also near my home, but I'm not 100% sure I would be able to take any in. This really should be investigated by SPCA. I hope it all works out, and please keep us updated because I would like to see how all of it turns out and if homes are needed for the rats.

The post was deleted shortly after I started looking into it. I have no idea what happened to them :'(

Back