Hewwo!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa

Hewwo, Mr. Hamstew hewe. Today at the THS I was just minding my own business when someone suddenwy woke me up. Dese big hands wubbed my bewwy (I wike bewwy wubs) and took me out to pway. I wiked the smeww of the big hands so I was vewy nice and didn't bite. I suddenwy smewwed some yummy pwetzews (pretzels for all of you none hamster talkers, took a bite... but no, stiww the human hand. I was whisked away in this weal comfy box. It had a soft bottom, soft sides and thewe was some yummy food and a nice wittle stwaw house fow me. It was a bit bumpy fow a bit, but then it settwed. I was put in a stwange wound thing fow a bit. I heawd some noise of washing and wustwing, then I was out in my new home. I wove it! I wove my new human!

DSC00881.jpg

DSC00882.jpg

DSC00883.jpg

DSC00884.jpg

DSC00885.jpg

DSC00886.jpg

DSC00887.jpg

DSC00888.jpg

DSC00889.jpg

He's gorgeous!! Look at that fur.

You lucky little guy with a big fun home too!

Mr. Hamstew, hope you don't mind but I'm going to move you to "Other Creatures" cause you are one sweet creature. :wink:

My Dale looked just like him. I am glad that you went down and bailed him out. :)
How were they looking down at the THS? Are there as many as when I posted about them? Does it look as though a lot have been adopted?
I hope they get into good homes.
Keep an eye on the back end fluff, my Dale always had wee tangle problems and would get shavings all caught up in his back end fur. I would, very carefully, trim it now and again.

Vanessa said:
My Dale looked just like him. I am glad that you went down and bailed him out. :)
How were they looking down at the THS? Are there as many as when I posted about them? Does it look as though a lot have been adopted?
I hope they get into good homes.
Keep an eye on the back end fluff, my Dale always had wee tangle problems and would get shavings all caught up in his back end fur. I would, very carefully, trim it now and again.
I was talking to the girl about and she said there were a lot adopted. There weren't nearly as many as I was expecting. They only have a few boys and about hmmm... atleast 10 girls, maybe 15.

This guy is so awesome. He stands on his hind legs for such a long time. I will make sure to trim his bum hair. I have to do that for one of my guinea pigs, lol.

Hamsters can be such sweet little creatures, I loved all of mine very much. It's just this mindset that I have developed with the rats, the push to never have them live solitary lives, it makes it difficult for me to live with a little creature who must remain solitary. I know that they will fight to the death if put together, but it just makes me sad to see them live alone for their entire lives.
I wonder if anyone has ever neutered a male and had him live with a female? I am curious if that would work out.

I did that with a mouse. :wink:

But I was the same way when I had my hamsters, I just couldn't fathom them being alone. But, I did do some reading up and certain hamsters, in the wild they truly do choose to be alone, they need their territory to themselves.

Mine weren't sweet hamsters, they were ebil hoomin eating hamsters.

jorats said:
I did that with a mouse. :wink:

But I was the same way when I had my hamsters, I just couldn't fathom them being alone. But, I did do some reading up and certain hamsters, in the wild they truly do choose to be alone, they need their territory to themselves.

Mine weren't sweet hamsters, they were ebil hoomin eating hamsters.
There are certain hamsters that can live in pairs, but not syrian/golden hamsters

Aw geez! As a confirmed ratlover how do I say "You don't get cuter than that!" - cause you sure don't!
Mr. Hamstew is cotton candy!

You could call him Cotton (from Fidgets comment about cotton candy)

What a sweetie pie. So adorable!

Back