Head Tilt Biting Rat - Arlington, MA

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fumblesquid

I found this ad:

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/pet/4464052963.html

Looks like the owner is very caring, and wants to find a home for the gal with a head tilt and biting issues. Posting this here because I think some rat shackers would be the best fit for her. I could possibly provide transportation on the weekends.

Also, is it true that head tilts can be permanent from an inner ear infection? I think she might need to take her to the vet again, but I've never dealt with this before so I'm asking. I'm also curious if the biting is caused by pain from the inner ear problem.

Thanks for looking.

Biting is usually caused by fear and untameness, she most likely just got this girl.

Headtilts usually don't go away, but with proper treatment, they can become less severe! :)

I was told the same from my vet, head tilts don't always go away even once the infection is gone. While there are some truly angry ratties out there that keep biting most do not once handled properly. I emailed this individual via Craigslist and told her about mainely rat rescue, they are in Maine and might be able to help as they work all over New England, she did not reply but maybe she called them

Back