(Indianapolis) URGENT - rats that need to be saved immediately

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fox

in a box
I just found this ad on Kijiji... rats that are going to be frozen after TODAY if somebody doesn't take them... :cry5:

http://indianapolis.ebayclassifieds...-or-live-feeders/?ad=32177047&msg=OUT_OF_AREA

Indianapolis is rather far from me but I wish so bad to help at least some of them... maybe I can make space for a few and buy them the time of finding them homes? I took in 5 rats this year from never having rats before and I don't know, if I can't find them homes this is going to be so many rats so quickly, I am afraid I will get overwhelmed, and I know I can't keep taking in more and more trying to save them all... :(

That is why I do not look at those animal ads on either that or cl. It is tragic but sadly rescues are so full and that is a mother load to take in. I would never pay him for them either. If they wanted to surrender that is different but paying him for the mess he created because he is a blooming idiot isnt the way to go. Not to mention they may very well be sick and could make your current rats sick. I try not to help breeders anymore unless they are totally getting out and that is a hot mess right there.

Yeah... after a lot of thinking about it (and crying as result of that) I realized in this case it's just not realistic for me to help those rats.. :(

I do have an update though that the rats have a few more days .. some people apparently contacted the poster asking for large numbers of the rats, so their fate is held off a few days..

Too late now but if it comes up again notify a rescue about the situation as well as the SPCA etc.
Freezing animals alive should be considered animal cruelty and should be illegal.

Back