Lily new pics

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LA

Hey, I finally got some new pics of Lily... well a couple of days ago. I may be camera happy but just not good at putting them on photobucket in a timely manner.

Lily on Daddy's lap
Lily005Small.jpg

Looking pretty for the camera
Lily006Small.jpg

Is she actually a fawn... just checking.

Aww, she's so pretty! Isn't fawn more reddish? (I'm not asking you LA, I'm asking the experts cause I sure can't keep it all straight) In the pictures your Lily looks much the same tone as my Savanna, except just a little darker, but it's hard to tell from pictures, eh?

Do her eyes look black sometimes and just sometimes you see the red in them? That's how it is with my girl...

I have been thinking the same thing about my girls lately... most of the rat websites with colour breakdowns show fawns as being much more deep in colour, whereas your Lily and my Maggie and Emma seem to be very pale in colour.

Her eyes look like a nice deep ruby from where I'm sitting, also like my girls.

Are her eyes pink or ruby?
In the pick, she looks to be a beige. Check her fur, if each hair has three colours, then she would be fawn.

Thinking about it, we rarely see agouties at our petsmart but a hole lot of blacks which could indicate that Lily is aa rr so that means beige, not fawn.

She's got I guess ruby eyes... they are really dark but you can tell they aren't black.

I will check her fur tonight. I know around her eyes is white, but not sure about the individual furs. I will check.

She is so soft, and such a suck. I walk past the cage and she stretches up on the bars. I am trying to keep her stimulated. She loves to chew. She loves to be talked to. What a baby.

Fawns come in a variety of shades, and yes the ticking (3 colours of the hair shaft) is the giveaway. Beiges usually just have a light undercoat.

I think fawn is the recessive of Agouti??
the white around the eyes/muzzle is usually a fawn trait as beiges are pretty uniform in colour.

Lucinemyfunnygirl.jpg

Beiges are a bit lighter but not that noticeably in those areas.
Vesta-yousureyouwanttosleepmom.jpg

Then there's little Cleo who can't make up her mind. I thought she was going to develop into a fawn (its a colour that deepens with age) but I *think* she's just a dark beige. Athough her head is rather light, her stripe is very dark (almost fawn) and she has grey on the side of her neck. :roll:
Cleotopday5.jpg

Back