Awful mistake - missed medication

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Area9Mongrel

Owner of the trouble makers
My boy Wentworth had been diagnosed with a brain tumour that causes his aggression, so he's been on steroids non-stop for a while now. The last time he was off steroids, he bit me quite badly so he hasn't had a break in several months.

I went away for the weekend and was supposed to give him his tablet twelve hours later than usual before his next dose, and I completely forgot. I resumed his usual dose, but last night he had a seizure.

There was nothing different going on that day, so I think it's because I forgot his medicine. I got him out of his cage because he was stuck in the bars, and held him on the floor before putting him in a fabric bed, and then he seemed to turn into a wild rat, so I put him back in his cage. I checked on him a few hours later and he bit me again, so I reckon that's what I deserved.

I hope I haven't completely ruined him. I just wanted to get this off my chest because I just feel terrible about it. He's a rex dumbo so he looks absolutely adorable, my little trouble maker!!

Back