The Slipstream Effect - Nao, Airi and Cece :/

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

I have always talked about the slipstream effect with rats when they die. Sometimes one rat will pass and then another and another, like they get caught in the slipstream of the first one's passing.

Well yesterday and today was definitely one of those days. All 3 girls were cagemates, although only one lived in the main cage these days, the others have been bedrats, Cece the longest. I found Nao last night at the bottom of a pile of rats in the hammock. I always find this sweet, that they don't abandon their friend even when they die as most rats will avoid a dead body in a cage.

Then at 3:30 am her closest friend Airi slipped away while cuddled up to my side. At 3:30 am now-sweet Cece finally decided to join them. All were elderly with issues but why all within 9 hours of each other?

darling little Nao, the nicest Atlantis rat I knew...

Jun2314Nao5.jpg~original

her bestie Airi, who was a former breeder for a girl in Brampton who was dumping her.

Jun1414Airiside.jpg~original

Jun2314NaoandAiri2.jpg~original

Baby Cece when a former member had her, and ended up rehoming before moving to TX. This pic was taken Nov 17, 2013 giving you an idea of how old she was. She was feeder stock.

Nov1713Cecilia.jpg~original

The Wondertwins I called Cece and her sister Cordelia, along with their other passed friend Rosie

Apr2714agoutisandrosie.jpg~original

and little Cece sleeping on my bed a few days ago...

*sniff*

Apr%2021%2016%20Cece%20sleeping.jpg~original

:tearful::tearful::tearful:

I am so sad for you.
these three might have had some important business to attend to in rat heaven.

it's so bittersweet that they left together this way

so sorry for your loss, may fond memories ease your sorrow

I've never experienced that Shelagh but Petunia describes it perfectly when she says that it must be bitter sweet. Makes you wonder if there's a lot more to these sweet little creatures than we think!

They really are all so adorable. You must be feeling quite stunned at such a staggering loss all at once.

I've never experienced that Shelagh but Petunia describes it perfectly when she says that it must be bitter sweet. Makes you wonder if there's a lot more to these sweet little creatures than we think!

They really are all so adorable. You must be feeling quite stunned at such a staggering loss all at once.

Yes and no on the stunned. I knew they would all go one day at their age, but all 3 in 9 hours was a bit more than I expected.

They are all together, healthy and hale again, and that makes me smile. I imagine Nao grooming everyone, Airi being a bit of the pushy older sister and Cece popcorning around. :D

My sincerest condolences for your losses. The pictures of your babies are absolutely precious.

Back