Some pictures of my ratties!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starmaiden

My first two rats ever. Pansy, fawn hooded and Petunia (R.I.P.), split capped the day I rescued them from abandonment.
pansyandpetunia.jpg

After their first bath:
cleanrats1.jpg

Pansy, Petunia, and my dog Collin:
PansyPetuniaCollin1.jpg

My three babies I adopted from a breeder came next.
Petals tackles Sweet Pea:
gotcha1.jpg

Sweet Pea gets Petals back:
gotcha2.jpg

One of my favorite pictures of Iris:
irisintowels2.jpg

A cute baby picture of Sweet Pea:
sweetpea1.jpg

Iris's baby pic:
iris1.jpg

Pansy absolutely adores the three little girls and loved them immediately.:
allfive1.jpg

But Petunia wasn't so sure about them at first. As Alpha Rat, it seemed she had a hard time keeping all three of them in line to her satisfaction.
allfive6.jpg

allfive9.jpg

But she grew very close to them as well before she passed:
r695_9_1.jpg

I made my first hammy a few days ago out of some old T-shirts and ribbon. I'm really proud of myself! I don't have a sewing machine and no sewing skills, but it works and they seem to like it:
petalsinhammy01.jpg

threerattiesinhammy01.jpg

threerattiesinhammy02.jpg

Pansy rests in the hammy. This photo was taken this morning. You can't see it, but she looks like Frankinrat right now, she's got stitches down her side and on her tummy. She's recovering from a benign mammary tumor removal and a spay which revealed a previously undetected and very severe uterine infection. Glad I decided to get her spayed at the same time even though I didn't know her age and the vet wasn't sure how much good it would do. After the surgery, the vet said it saved her life!
Pansyinhammy02.jpg

Adorable! I love the pic with the two standing rats and then you see an upside rat in the tube, so funny!
Sending healing vibes to Pansy.

jorats said:
Adorable! I love the pic with the two standing rats and then you see an upside rat in the tube, so funny!
Sending healing vibes to Pansy.

Thanks! Yes Petunia was hilarious to watch on her first meeting with the three little girls! She was trying so hard to herd them around and barber them! They were too fast for her though and kept running away before she was done with her remonstrations! It made her very grumpy at first! :lol:

The infection in Pansy's uterus wasn't draining and so her uterus kept swelling. We thought she was getting fat, but her belly was all uterus! Poor girl! Her uterus weighed 57 grams! Before surgery, Pansy herself weighed just 340 grams. She was small, but looked fat. After surgery, she was as skinny as a rail. I didn't note the exact post surgery weight.

Pansy looks better than ever and is fattening back up nicely on Ensure, baby food, avocados, and lots of other goodies. My vet can't believe she was as healthy appearing as she was with that huge infection in her body.

How old is Pansy? You'll have to keep us updated if the spay helps ward off any future benign mammary tumours. I've had much success with ours.

Awww your rats are adorable Ann. :)

Glad to hear Pansy is doing much better. It actually sounds like a closed Pyometra like Flyingduster had with her little rescue girl.

Back