250+ Things Only Rat Owners Will Understand

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#142 Eyesight so spectacular that jumping onto the surface of a mirror because a ledge can be seen is a great idea.

#143 Butt scratches=ratatonic

#144 "I can fill up a whole paw with how many times mom had to turn the couch over and dig me out this week."

#145 The "ear-drops-for-my-ear-infection-splattered-all-over-your-face head-shake." Mmm. Nothing like an ear drops and nasty infection goo facial first thing in the morning.

I love this site, love all of these posts, love that I can be my Rattie loving self here! If I may add to this post?
#146-when your bubbas are washing your face and decide you taste too good...you get a little love nibble on the nose!
#147-when you just have to say goodbye one last time before you leave, and end up having to reapply your make-up and fix your hair after your babies apply last minute grooming techniques!

148. When you're using the designated rat cage mini broom to sweep up stray poops and then your babies think you're playing with them, so they start chasing the broom and then you chase them back with it and 15 minutes later you realize you've been playing with a broom for 15 minutes..

149. When you come across a sleepy rat pile and it's just so cute you can't contain yourself!

150. And then you accidentally wake them up in your excitement, ruining the cute rat pile, and you feel really bad, but they're happy to see you anyway so it makes it ok :love11:

Omg 144# made us seal up our couch bottom and 149 and 150 tooo funny and true I don't have rat piles unfortunately but love seeing my jake and Norbert nap

#151 divvying out dinner then recounting and realizing you need more bowls because this one and that one in that group won't share then trying to find where you last put the clean extra bowls.

#154 Having a rat fall asleep on your hand because sometimes she likes to be on top rather than patted and stroked and then not moving your hand because it's so adorable being slept on and feeling the warmth from her underbelly and the bottoms of her little feet and nails resting against you. And not moving until she wakes up even if it means you have to sit still for ages and can only do things with your other hand...read a book and turn the pages, blow your nose, scratch yourself, adjust your position, move the reading light....

Wow, these are all great additions to the thread! The "not moving your hand" I can totally relate to. How can anyone get up and move when there is a soft warm rat belly or chest resting on top of your hand? I have sat frozen forever that way, ha ha. :)

And yes, having a rat nose wriggle into your ear is one of life's great joys (and quite ticklish in a wonderful way!)

Lol at #150! I had one guy who hated the sound of the camera and would always wake up and run off. I'd feel so bad I'd bring out the treats and suddenly all was forgiven!

Back