They wont touch Oxbow food.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratmomx5

I have always fed my rats Harlan Teklad but with at least where I live I have to order it a week or so ago I didn't realize how low I had gotten on food till I had no choice while the food was in the mail to go to the pet store and get Oxbow my first mischief ate oxbow and seemed to like it so I figured I wouldn't have any problems but the next morning I looked and they refused to eat any of the oxbow and picked out the last of the Harlan that was at the bottom of the bowl. None of the boys would touch the Oxbow I tried hand feeding and one of my boys spit it out and didn't even try to run like my other boys did even though they never went back and touched the food. Has anyone else had this problem? I was going to start mixing the 2 incase i ever run out the will eat the Oxbow but even then they don't touch it and it's the only thing left at the bottom of the bowl.

I dont think it would've gone bad I had just bought it and opened it and still no one is touching it. I mixed it with the normal food and it still sits at the bottom of the bowl but hopefully they will at least eat what is left.

Back