Baby Development... Birth to 8 Weeks :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

I am going to show the growth of babies from birth to 8 weeks old using 2 of my former rescue litters
The Bronlings (Agouti, PEW and black)and Molly's crew (which will show different colours coming up as they ended up agouti, beige, black and fawn)

Day 1 Bronlings you will be able to see dark eyes (black) over light/"no" eyes (ruby or pink). You should hopefully see milk bellies to make sure Mom is feeding them.
13oftheBronlings14tba.jpg

2 days old Bronlings- the darker colours are coming in a little, you still see milk bellies and even little yawners..haha
Bronlings2daysoldevening2.jpg

4 days old darker colours are in for the Bronlings, and by now the skin has thickened and you may not be able to see milk bellies anymore, so don't panic.
Bronlingboys4daysold.jpg

5 days old Molly's girls (fawn hoodie, black hoodie & agouti hoodie)
Girls-beigehoodieblackhoodieandagou.jpg

5 days old Molly's boys (agouti hoodie, fawn hoodie & beige wide hooded)
Boys-agoutibeigemismarkedbeigehoodi.jpg

7 day old Bronlings you can see the difference between the black berks and the agouti boys. Their fur is just starting to come in.
Mostoftheboys7daysold.jpg

7 day old Molly's babies you can see all the different colours now
Mollybabiesday7apr2.jpg

9 day old Bear (Bronling) shows off the skin flakes that new hair is pushing up.
blackberkboy9daysold.jpg

The PEW's are looking like PEWs now that their coat is coming in
FelixandDwyn29daysold.jpg

10 day old Bronlings
Bronlings10daysold.jpg

15 day old Bronling Bear (bigger litters often develop a little later) - next milestone is the eyes opening, the heads go up and they wobble around exploring their New World
blackberkboy15daysold.jpg

DwynandFelix15daysold.jpg

17 day old bronlings are filling out, getting more agile, eyes open a bit wider, stubby heads the better to get into the milkbar (mom)
DwynandFelix17daysold.jpg

21 days old bronling have round, chubby, heads elongating a little, starting to look more like rats. they explore the world, happy as can be.
isthismygoodsidePEWgirl21daysold.jpg

25 day old Bronlings
PEWblackandhoodie25daysold.jpg

4 week old Bronling (28 days)
labelsyummm28daysold.jpg

5 week old Bronling (35 days)
scaryfeathers35daysold.jpg

6.5 week old Bronlings Bear and Tucker
BearandTuckeratitagain47daysold.jpg

7 week old Bronling Angel
Angelmyyytoy47daysold.jpg

8 week old Bronling Tucker
Tucker8weeksoldgettingatreat.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, I'm glad you did too thanks lilspaz. I'm always at amazed at their healing and growing powers. Their little fuzzy chubby faces just turns me into a mess. Makes me imagine how my rats might of looked growing up and developing. I always imagine what they would look like and how they would be when they were just born and growing up. I think it's because it's a part I missed out on as I always rescued older rats or got them from breeders when they were ready to leave mama!

Back