Farm Markets!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jorats

Loving rats since 2002.
It's a little different here for us, I've noticed our farmers market is more expensive than the grocery store but so much better quality. There's also not much there. :(
For the last three weekends, I did pick up big baskets of fresh local strawberries, yum! But sadly, season's over.

Apparently there are a bunch of markets in Toronto but I never know where to go. I hear the St. Lawrence market is good so I might check out that one.

I went to the Cambridge market when I was there a couple of weekend ago and got the yummiest cucumber.

Jorats, I went to school in Sudbury so I know exactly which one you are talking about. Do they still have them down at the... darn can't remember but near the bus station.

I'm actually coming to Sudbury long August weekend for a wedding. I havne't been there in 4 years. WOW time flies.

I love farmers markets.

LA said:
Jorats, I went to school in Sudbury so I know exactly which one you are talking about. Do they still have them down at the... darn can't remember but near the bus station.

I'm actually coming to Sudbury long August weekend for a wedding. I havne't been there in 4 years. WOW time flies.

I love farmers markets.

Wow, that is sooo cool. Did you go to Cambrian or Laurentian?

The farmer's Market is where the train station used to be. It's been renovated, looks good.

hey, thats a good idea, I should check that out tomorrow. Here in belleville they open the farmers market downtown on the weekends and oddly enough tuesday I believe :p
Prices arn't too much cheaper, but you can bet most stuff is fresher!

We have a few great ones around the farm and on the way, from Toronto :) The best part is finding candy apples. :D

There is a local orchard near us that is having a big farm day this Saturday, hoping to get there to pick up some yummy stuff. They also have pick your own berries and stuff like that there, beleive we are picking blackberries this weekend if time permits!

Back