The Rat Shack > Rattie 911 > Health and General Care > How Likely is Survival in Surgery to remove a tumur from the throat?

Help Support Ratshack Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 09-11-2017, 05:49 PM   #11
lilspaz68
Administrator
RATS_ADMIN.png

Liked 1422 Times on 1016 Posts
Likes Given: 731

Did it exude foul smelling gunk? That sounds like an abscess, thankfully
You can/should flush it out with isotonic saline (same salinity as our body) twice a day. No ointments as it encourages healing over, and the body needs to heal from the bottom up to the skin surface so nothing is trapped under a scab, otherwise it could recur again.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-12-2017, 12:30 AM   #12
SQ
Senior Member - Vegan for the animals

Liked 519 Times on 443 Posts
Likes Given: 1267

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaginon View Post
RE: the Possums. No, it is not really possible to restrict their movements as they climb in every window, even one that requires some rather extreme acrobatics. It is a pain. because I do not like closing all my windows at night, especially with summer coming up. I just do not know how to get rid of them.
Do people use screens or some type of grid on their windows to keep out animals and/or insects?

Cindy Hannah Caleb Nettie Lois Andy Jordan Lyman Adam Noah Monroe Corrie Jonathan Ralphie Artie Burrell David Ruthie Debbie Marsha Noel Dandelion Toofer-Jane Gracie Charlotte Jacob Faith Leona-Francis Elizabeth Sammuel Mark Eli Robin Rebecca Mary-Lymanette Paul Peter Betsie Sandy Luke Hope Esther-May Joey Johnny Joy Leah Nicole Jessie Laurel Naomi Raine Rhubarb Buddy Maria Casper Sarah Lunar Jubilee Sunny Gus Isaac Daniel Rachael Aaron Zachary Jonah Eve Lydia Sol Petit Grisse Judy Molly Moses

Old 09-12-2017, 08:10 AM   #13
Amaginon

Likes Given: 1

Yes, but I live in an old sub-divided queenslander (a type of large house built in over a century ago). So it uses louvres for a lot of the windows. They are great for leaving open during evenings to get a breeze, but also makes it difficult for the use of screens (and tend to break in a heavy hail storm).

I did not really smell anything, but I tend to have a poor sense of smell anyway. I have two medications for him, but I will try to clean it (if he lets me).

Boys: Pom (Poor Old Man), Curious George, Grumble, Rumble, Solly, Timmy (Timid One), Soots, Patch, Dozy, King, GG (Gentle Giant), Pretty Boy, Dancer, Toby, Olly Starbright, Striper, Bully Bob, Spike, Coldplay, Ghost.
Girls: Lode (Lady of Destruction), Sook, Chubs, Little Chubs, Lucky Girl, Lio (Little One), Callie, Squeals, Missy (Mischief), Trixie (Tricksy One), Pita (Pain in the *).