Lonely rat?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabbyf

I recently lost one of my two rats due to mycoplasmosis. My other one is around two years old. Should I find her a friend or will she be ok on her own? I am a high schooler and I'm not sure if I can commit to another rat/rats for two or more years. Are there any ways I can make my girl feel a little less lonely? Thanks in advance!
- Gabby

rats do need other rats to live with ... you could adopt an older rattie girl being rehomed or see if you can foster a couple of ratties for a rescue or shelter

Give her a small stuffed animal (no small parts as stuffing because she will likely chew it) to cuddle with.
Keep her cage where you or others spend your time so you can talk to her/interact and have her out with you as much as possible - like 8 to 12 hours/day

rats do need other rats to live with ... you could adopt an older rattie girl being rehomed or see if you can foster a couple of ratties for a rescue or shelter

Give her a small stuffed animal (no small parts as stuffing because she will likely chew it) to cuddle with.
Keep her cage where you or others spend your time so you can talk to her/interact and have her out with you as much as possible - like 8 to 12 hours/day

Thanks so much. Now I really just have to get my parents on board.

Back