CN pictures...show 'em off!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished the cage sets for the new babies coming this weekend! I hate animal print!! Absolutely hate it but the fleece was donated so I suck it up and use it. They are bare but I have two wheels coming in the mail and their owner is supposed to be bringing toys! Anyway here she is.. Anyone else notice the locks on the recent cn are super easy to squeeze? Hoping they aren't using flemsy springs that will easily break now!

20160420_222928.jpg

My boy's current set-up :) I made them a fun new "nest" space from an old wire mesh wheel. I cut out a door hole, bent the ends of the wires back and curled them over to keep pointy ends out of the way, and sanded them down to be extra safe. I attached it to the cage with bolts, large washers, and wing nuts so it's totally movable :) I call it the "observatory"

GEDC0102.jpg

GEDC0105.jpg

GEDC0106.jpg

13059651_1167862909893406_311728186_n.jpg

Thank you! I try super hard to give them a whole bunch of extra little hides and shelves and toys. There are a few more in there than recommended, so they need all the room they can get! My boyfriend and friends always joke that it's impossible I have 14 in there, considering the most they ever see at one time is 5, haha!

Not too long, surprisingly! Maybe an hour total. I vacuum out the whole cage first, then take out the old liners, wipe everything down, and put in new liners. Once a month I take out their tunnels and lava ledges and toys and soak them in hot water and dish soap, and scrub them down. I love DCN's so much for their huge front doors, otherwise I feel like cleaning would take me triple the time.

Not too long, surprisingly! Maybe an hour total. I vacuum out the whole cage first, then take out the old liners, wipe everything down, and put in new liners. Once a month I take out their tunnels and lava ledges and toys and soak them in hot water and dish soap, and scrub them down. I love DCN's so much for their huge front doors, otherwise I feel like cleaning would take me triple the time.

Can you come do my cages???? :bow:

Its so awesome seeing all these creative cage set ups! I really want to do more with mine but as of right now I just got some new fleece liners down and am hoping to find a good US local site to order fleece off of!

Also I have one rat who literally 30 minutes after putting the clean pans with fresh liners in tore a hole on each level to get under them! She's such a stinker! She is the queen of destruction! Anyways lacking hammocks right now as I need to make new ones but this is my fresh clean DCN!
xMTQw6w.jpg

Made my group of 8 some big no sew hammocks.. They like to pile together so the bigger the better. They also prefer the side by side double instead of up anx down.

20170421_163656.jpg

Nice hammocks :)
I am sure your ratties must be loving them

I too have always found that my ratties prefer the side by side double cages and having the 4 sections to run around and up and down in gives plenty of horizontal and vertical space :)
btw, I have found it helpful to use cable/zip ties to securely attach the two cages

I had plastic zip ties but someone aka Zorro chewed them off haha so my husband used a shoe string. These 8 boys are every meaning of the word mischief haha but I love them anyway

The boys new cage set :) My friend got me this super cute fox and owl fleece blanket from walmart last week and I liked it so much I went and bought 6 more and got to work haha

DSC08886.jpg

Back