Wobbly Critter Nation?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatTheHippie

So my Critter Nation is about 5 years old now, and has served me very well! But, it's at the point now, where the stand is very wobbly. This makes me pretty nervous. Have any of you guys found a way to keep it from wobbling, or am I better off to just remove the legs from the cage and set the whole thing on the floor?

Yikes! So after someone in a facebook group showed me this picture and told me about how the weld on their (only 2 month old!) CN broke and almost crushed their rats, I decided to just remove the legs from mine. Please keep an eye on your cages, guys!

15541883_10155242497908797_8021440702466309065_n.jpg

Last edited:
If you know someone who is handy with tools, you can buy some wheels and attach them to the bottom of the cage, so you can use the cage without the stand.

As a precaution, wouldn't cable tying the grid on the stand help keep the cage very stable?

Please complain to Midwest cages .... they need to make their cages safer ..... the cages are very poorly made, poorly powder coated, and some aspects of their design are unsafe, causing deaths

Another problem with the cage is that they heavy cage doors will pop off if you bend down and bump them when you stand up ..... I know a young woman whose rattie girl was killed when this happened and the door fell on her rat.

Yikes! So after someone in a facebook group showed me this picture and told me about how the weld on their (only 2 month old!) CN broke and almost crushed their rats, I decided to just remove the legs from mine. Please keep an eye on your cages, guys!

If they haven't done so, tell them to contact Midwest. This should be covered under warrant
Also Midwest needs to be aware that this is happening

I just took the stands off my triples cause they started to wobble. Pain to clean under and move but I feel better that they are stable.

I got the add on for my single and it's extremely hard to move it from one room to another.

I am thinking of taking it off and just using it as a single, even though there are 6 rats in it, they all get along great so I think it should be fine.

I did complain about the wheels to Midwest but I should also let them know that the add on was made so poorly, one door will not latch shut, so I have that tied up to keep it closed.
:p

for the price of these things, they should be made a lot better.

Back