Montreal SPCA - Exotics Department - many, many rats

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't posted in quite some time but that isn't because we don't have any rats! Quite the opposite, we are full of rats, mostly young females.

We still have four females from the litter that arrived in April:

Cindy:
Cindy2_zpsfa2d32f0.jpg

Jane:
Jane4_zpsbf954065.jpg

Liz:
Liz1_zps7a0532ec.jpg

Tina:
Tina3_zps5b2fff5d.jpg

Then we have 6 sisters, born on May 31st:

Atlantica:
atlantica_zpsa4275ee7.jpg

Camelia:
camelia_zps57540744.jpg

Lucky:
lucky_zpsd7e4b78d.jpg

Rinoa:
rinoa_zpsf5916d34.jpg

Selphie:
selphie_zps094c9f62.jpg

Sirenia:
sirenia_zps21d77411.jpg

Two of the girls brothers are also available for adoption.

Amy and Kelly, adopted a little while ago, are back :( They were born at another shelter in February:
IMG_3104_zpsbb0ec3aa.jpg

Beatrice (stray) is now living with Sandra and her 8 daughters and loving the company.

Sandra (Himalayan), 5-6 months old and Beatrice (black hoodie), approx 1 year old:
IMG_9531_zps5d9b3d66.jpg

IMG_9525_zpsb97a4fc5.jpg

Becky (black hoodie), Chelsea (faint mask), Alana and Cynthia (PEWs), born May 5th:
IMG_9557_zps911b1164.jpg

IMG_9556_zps9fb0fb43.jpg

IMG_9547_zps04c69983.jpg

Samantha (Himalayan), Andrea, Annie and Carmela (PEWs), born May 5th:
IMG_9568_zpsafbf02ac.jpg

IMG_9567_zps9cd366b5.jpg

Gordon (masked), Maurice, Ricky and Samuel (PEWs), born May 5th:
(better pics to come)
rat058_zpsa8607b0a.jpg

I was expecting this more at the beginning of the month... but still... :shock:

I will not be taking any in right now as my vacations are coming up and I am dealing with my bunch of older sick rats / piggy, but I will give you a shout beginning of September - Princesse is showing her age more and more every day and is dealing with a slow-growing mammary tumour, my first :( . Sadly though, I won't be taking 4 like I REALLY would like to (well, I would REALLY want to if I wasn't so exhausted from and digusted with all over medical care right now), but since Princesse will soon be leaving, I will for sure be taking one if you have a single out there, or two girls if you don't since there are so many available right now, eventhough I am realizing more and more that I am biased towards males - I love their greater interest in human interaction. :oops:

I can't believe that BEW and her friend came back... :(

In addition to the two sick females that came in today, we just received a gorgeous black hooded male. He's 2-3 months old, social and in good health.

Nancy... I think you said you may be interested in a single rat? Let me know...

:thud: :heart: :thud: :heart: I am so glad I live in the US and do not have a passport .... they are all so gorgeous and lovable looking.... :heart:

I am... but only in early September. I look at Jay and Hunter and I know I will want a boy to keep Jay company when Hunter leaves - plus Emilie would LOVE having a youngster to boss around, boy or girl. I wish I could take him right away though...

On top of it, I am very aware that you mostly need to get females out of there...

Maired... maybe this little boy is for you, after all... :giggle:

Did any of you go to the SPCA lately? We are eying a group of four females on petfinder and I was hoping to know if they are easily handled? Their opening hours are a bit short and it seems you need an appointment to view them. We are from around Ottawa and I don't feel like driving there just to take a chance!

Back