Penis Plugs

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best way to tell is give a good smell down there. If it's foul, there's probably a plug. The bigger the rat the more probable, but it's also very stressful for them when removing it.

that's strange....Joey definately had one when he was much much younger...and it was sticking right out, so when I noticed it, luckily i had a tissue at hand to clean him up and have seen no problems since... (because I regularly flip him on his back to check his underside nowadays >.<)

I had no idea about this, thanks!
Nero still cleans himself but not very well, so I will check him every now and then until I know he needs the help. :)

ummm wow .. I must say I wasnt thinking a rat and was confused when reading the title lol.. Ok so how old should they be for me to check? or is there an age?! I am thankful for this topic as I had no idea this was an issue.

Thanks again and I am going to check my guys. all are around 6 mos.

LOL. I'd read about this too! And the only one I'm worried about is Spook. But for sure, I think many will manage, but just need a little back support! Many times I've seen Spook sort of tip over while trying to lick... down there! So I just rush over, cup my hand over his back and he leans against my hand so that he can stay steady.

But one day... >.< Who knows. So... very good to know what I would be looking for! Thanks!

i wish i could see the pictures! not because i want to see the manrat junk. :giggle: but, i'm just curious... for some reason the pictures aren't showing for me.

Some you never have too. I have a boy who's 33 months old and I don't need to worry about him yet.
But those with the start of rear end degeneration you'd have to keep an eye on.

jorats said:
Some you never have too. I have a boy who's 33 months old and I don't need to worry about him yet.
But those with the start of rear end degeneration you'd have to keep an eye on.

Thanks!

I thought it was safe to check just once a day for a penis plug on my old guys,
but today my boy Norry, who is quite ill, he was checked at 1pm and I just checked him again around 1 am and he had this plug! (see photo)

I am shocked that it formed that fast, in approx 12 hrs, and got that big!

he has had mostly smaller plugs, this is the first one this size

006.jpg

Back