Exotic Mammal Veterinarian Finder & Review Web Site

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CliffGuy

Hello Rat Shackers!

I have been a long time observer, and now I am a brand new member.

I have recently released a web site that enables people to find, submit, and review exotic mammal veterinarians across the globe. We are currently indexing approximately 1500 veterinarians in 34 countries. As of right now, it is English based, but we have plans for language translations so we can better support the global community.

This web site is exclusively for exotic mammal veterinarians, and is account-free (there is no need to create an account to submit/review vets), ad-free, and nobody pays to be on the site or to get information from our site. In other words, we built this site out of love and to fill a gap that we felt existed.

If you are so inclined, please visit http://www.vetective.com and submit a review for a vet that is already in our system. If by chance your awesome exotic mammal vet is not in our system, please submit them as well!

Over the next several months we are trying very hard to build up content (i.e. reviews, etc.). As rat caretakers you already know how difficult it can be locating a reputable vet that you would trust for medicine, spays, tumor removal, etc.

Feedback is welcome.

Regards,
Cliff

I have been conversing with Shelagh/lilspaz68 about this (whom I met on a hamster site), and I wanted to add something that I shared with her that she thought would be beneficial if I posted it here as well:

"... I want this site to be an unbiased platform for people to submit reviews and vets that they have used in the past and/or are currently using. I know it is going to take time to build up content (i.e. reviews), so I am slowing going to bunny forums, rat forums, ham forums, chin forums, etc. and posting a similar write up. Unfortunately I already know going in to this people are going to think I have some type of angle. My only angle is to prevent people from going through the same problem I had when trying to find a vet for my hams."

Back