Animal Refuge League - Westbrook, Maine, US

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In July, I drove from my home in Canada to Calasis Maine where I picked up 19 ratties at a Feed'n Needs store ... you know, plants, stuff for horses and the farm animals, etc.
These 19 ratties were in two feeder tanks and the owner, who wanted them gone, gave me permission to take them and place them in a shelter. He assured me that he would never sell rats in his store again.
By the time I dropped these ratties off at a shelter the next day, they were responding to my voice and to me. They were very sweet tho frightened. No biters in this group ... just very shy.
I had been told that there had been 2 accidental litters at the store. Three of the girls are quite young and the remainder of the ratties are young babies. Most appear to be white tho some are hemi's .

All of the ratties appeared to be very healthy. They are now at the Animal Refuge League in Westbrook Maine. They are being spayed and I believe neutered by Kim's Ark and the cost is NOT being passed on to the adopters.
I have provided a hammock and a Rat Health Care booklet to go with each pair adopted.

If you have room for a couple of sweet little ratties, please consider giving these adorable ratties a chance at a good life.
thanks
Holly

Here are a few pics I took during our overnight in the hotel. I have been told that the porphrin staining you can see on their heads has now faded away.

littlegirls.jpg

July6Younggirl.jpg

This beautiful girl stole my heart. Since I live in a different country and have so many ratties (16 at last count) and am going to school in the fall, I left her behind in the hope that she (and the others) would be adopted by someone who could give her a better life than I can ...

July5youngpewgirl.jpg

July5youngbaby01690X590.jpg

July5sweetlittlebabyonlap.jpg

July5sweetbabyface01.jpg

July5littlebaby.jpg

July5girlsintub.jpg

July5babyonmyshoulder.jpg

July5babyonarm.jpg

July5babygirl01.jpg

July5babyboysniffingair.jpg

July5babyboyonmyleg.jpg

July5babyboyonlap.jpg