Toronto,ON, Canada- Mclean Animal Hospital Dr. Hammond

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherubim

http://www.mcleanvet.com/
1659 Victoria Park Ave
Scarborough, ON, Canada
(416) 752-5114

only Dr. Hammond deals with exotics. I recently went there for an interview too bad they were only offering part-time :?
But they are great and love thier clients. they even created a new euthanasia room with couches and plants, an area rug and warm colours. They just want to make people comfortable, even during the worst of times.

Hey. I'm just wondering how you find the care of rats there? I have a guy or two starting an upper respiratory problem and was just wondering which clinic was best to take them to. I'm deciding between this, Wychwood Park and Greenwood Park. Could someone help me out asap???

calleigh said:
Hey. I'm just wondering how you find the care of rats there? I have a guy or two starting an upper respiratory problem and was just wondering which clinic was best to take them to. I'm deciding between this, Wychwood Park and Greenwood Park. Could someone help me out asap???

Avoid Wychwood, I called for a euthanasia price and they scared me. They told me something like $70 for the euth...I then asked if they euthanzied with gas first, and she said Ohhhh...with gas? That's an additional charge. WTH?

Greenwood is where a LOT of us go (and trust) and they now have the 2 best Toronto small domestics vets on staff as a new partnership.

Thank you so much!
Do you know anything about McLean? Cause it's the closest where I can get from work to home to get the little guys there. McLean's quoting me at $69.90 per consult
I called Greenwood and they quoted me $77 a visit plus $22 for every additional rat that I bring in and I have 5 little guys living in the same cage right now. One you can clearly hear some noises when he's breathing and another guy has faint sounds. The other 3 seem ok.
Any advice on what I should do? Should I bring all 5 boys in?
I'm really freaking out cause this came out of the blue. They were all perfectly ok just a day ago!
I would really really appreciate any advice

Thank you
*freaking out mom*

Go to McLeans' and just take the 2 sick ones...they should give you baytril and doxycycline (or maybe just baytril) for a URI. With mild respiratory you can get away with trying a new vet. Report back to us if you go to McLeans!!

Thank you so much for your advice.
Unfortunately when I called them back, the only time slot McLean had for today I can't make it (darn meeting at work) and the doctor isn't in tomorrow so I have an appointment at Greenwood they (thankfully) have something in the evening.
I'm just soooo thankful I have an appointment. I hope this is early stages and he'll get over it. I raised them all from milk in syringes and they're still only 4 months old. I'm just hoping that I caught it early and they'll be ok.

Back