Vet in Toronto, ON?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rattums

I'd really appreciate your opinions... rat shack's the best advice i think i have imo.

So if you know of a good rat vet in toronto, please tell me! I'd really like to know. :dance:

DR. SAM MUNN
Facility: Greenwood Park Animal Hospital Exotic Pets Seen:
Rabbits Ferrets Guinea Pigs Chinchillas Sugar Gliders Prairie Dogs Hedgehogs
Address: 1041 Gerrard Street East
Toronto Ontario M4M 1Z6
Phone: 416 778 6666

eagle said:
DR. SAM MUNN
Toronto Ontario M4M 1Z6

This is funny because you don't even live in Canada :p

I agree, Dr. Munn is the best vet in Toronto. I found him before I moved away and was very impressed with his knowledge and his rapport with rats.

victoria said:
eagle said:
DR. SAM MUNN
Toronto Ontario M4M 1Z6

I agree, Dr. Munn is the best vet in Toronto. I found him before I moved away and was very impressed with his knowledge and his rapport with rats.

I may not live there, but I have met him so that should count. :wink2:

eagle said:
victoria said:
eagle said:
DR. SAM MUNN
Toronto Ontario M4M 1Z6

I may not live there, but I have met him so that should count. :wink2:

Tanis was with me when we brought in Lilith (and that horrible hard lump over her eye)r...she came into the exam room with me and we were expecting to hear she needed to be put to sleep, but instead we got the news of "let's try to remove it" :joy:

rattums said:
lilspaz68 said:
How old are your girls? There are 2 spays he is doing now, depending on their age.

I'm pretty sure they're adult rats.. like 6 months, or 7?
approximately.

They should be in the range for ovariectomies which is the removal of the ovaries through the flank rather than a full spay. I consider 6-7 months as young adult, 12-14 months as adult, 15 months to say 21 months is middled age, 22 months to 27 months is older, and anything over 28 months is more old/elderly

lilspaz68 said:
rattums said:
lilspaz68 said:
How old are your girls? There are 2 spays he is doing now, depending on their age.

approximately.

They should be in the range for ovariectomies which is the removal of the ovaries through the flank rather than a full spay. I consider 6-7 months as young adult, 12-14 months as adult, 15 months to say 21 months is middled age, 22 months to 27 months is older, and anything over 28 months is more old/elderly

Alright, then is an ovariectomie ok, or while I just have to get them a full spay after? And what age would I be able to do a spay?

rattums said:
lilspaz68 said:
rattums said:
lilspaz68 said:

approximately.

Alright, then is an ovariectomie ok, or while I just have to get them a full spay after? And what age would I be able to do a spay?

You can do either right now...a full spay is more invasive and expensive than an O-spay but if the rats are truly as young as you think they are in the 3-8 month range he will do O-spays in. AFter that the uterus changes, etc and its advisable to do a full hysterectomy for the full benefits. I have 4 girls here who were O-spayed. Its just an option for younger girls.

lilspaz68 said:
rattums said:
lilspaz68 said:
rattums said:
lilspaz68 said:

approximately.

You can do either right now...a full spay is more invasive and expensive than an O-spay but if the rats are truly as young as you think they are in the 3-8 month range he will do O-spays in. AFter that the uterus changes, etc and its advisable to do a full hysterectomy for the full benefits. I have 4 girls here who were O-spayed. Its just an option for younger girls.

Do you know how much o-spays and full spays cost, if you go to dr.munn?

rattums said:
lilspaz68 said:
rattums said:
lilspaz68 said:
rattums said:
[quote="lilspaz68":3jx5l6oj]How old are your girls? There are 2 spays he is doing now, depending on their age.

approximately.

Do you know how much o-spays and full spays cost, if you go to dr.munn?[/quote:3jx5l6oj]

You will have to call and ask...sorry.

I am wondering the same thing (prices) . My vet in richmond hill was... well awful, and I heard Dr. Munn was fantastic so have decided (when the times comes) my next vet appointment will be with him :dance:

lilspaz68 said:
rattums said:
lilspaz68 said:
rattums said:
lilspaz68 said:
[quote="rattums":37xbxow3][quote="lilspaz68":37xbxow3]How old are your girls? There are 2 spays he is doing now, depending on their age.

approximately.

Do you know how much o-spays and full spays cost, if you go to dr.munn?[/quote:37xbxow3]

You will have to call and ask...sorry.[/quote:37xbxow3]

Okay. Thanks for all your advice, it helped me a lot :D

Back