Video of How *I* Syringe Meds into My Rats

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was just what I needed as i have a sick one year old with an inner ear infection and now have to syringe two different meds twice a day for 30 days. The vet made it look easy. your video was a great help

LOL so much easier to see the actual hold than when you tried to explain to me in chat! Luckily right now i am not medicating anyone so I will keep this in mind next time.

Thanks for posting it.

OMG this is so excellent! Thank you!

I have trouble medicating rats more times than not and with this video, you've just made it seem simple enough for *even me* to do it! :nod:

I'm going to try this method tonight. Thank you!

Thanks for this - you are such a pro! But what to do when your dearie refuses to swallow and will wait (FOREVER, if necessary) to be set free so that they can drool out as much of their meds as possible?

Some rats will hold the meds in their mouth and then drool it out. For these tricky beasties you would need to make sure the tip of the syringe is further down the throat past the flap that closes when a rat gnaws. They will open their mouth like they are choking but as soon as you remove the syringe, they are fine but will give you dirty looks when they swallow. Lol

Back