Please Read before posting.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jorats

Loving rats since 2002.
When you post in this section, you should have the subject reflect what is happening instead of Help or What do I do...
We've got all kinds of members with lots of experience and this will bring them faster to your post if they have dealt with exactly what you need help with.

Thanks!

I'd also like everyone to remember that this is the EMERGENCY section... It's hard for people to see the posts and help when there are several non-emergent threads pushing back the true emergencies. There is a general rat health section for things like tumor removals, spays and neuters, stitches, recovery updates, treating mites/lice, etc.

What is classified as an "emergency" is still at the poster's discretion, but please think about it carefully before posting in this section.

I hear what you say Cait but sometimes its hard to "think" when you feel like your dealing with an emergency. My Gaddys' nose bleed is a good example, nose bleeds are not really an emergency but hers went on for 4 hours and I nearly lost her, so to me it was a emergency and a half. Maybe all health issues are best posted in the health section. The responces I got there still amazes me, all my friends held me up when I was falling. :hugs:

Oh no that totally makes sense and happens! I had that actually mentioned in my longer post (that my computer ate!). By no means stop posting here, especially if you feel you DO have an emergency. That's up to you to decide! A four hour nosebleed to me constitutes an emergency.

That's what mods are for to move things if it turns out it's not haha. But in most cases where you panic it's an actual emergency. I was just saying to take a moment and think about it. (And if you feel you have a moment to think about it... it's probably not an emergency.) There's a difference between having an emergency and wanting a quick answer.

Cait said:
...... where you panic it's an actual emergency......
That's a good guideline! We all have different levels of knowledge & experience. Anything that makes anyone panic belongs here, if the mom/dad isn't ok, then the kid will be in trouble.

Back