The Story of Lil'Bit...Why Not to Breed

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww man :( this makes me soo sad. And what do you guys mean when you say it occurs in high whites? i have an albino girly...should I be worried about somethin here? :(:(

This is really sad, and people really shouldn't breed without knowing what they are doing...

But breeding doesn't always has to be a bad thing.
I live in Portugal. It is less than 100, the number of people who own rats in my country. No more than 200 rats exist here for sure. Unfortunately, rat is not a common pet around here (yet), but then, fortunately, we don't have need for rescue either, cause there no abandoned rats. So, if it wasn't for breeders, i could never had gotten my babies.

I wish people would research more before they ever EVER think about breeding...this is just heartbreaking :sad3: At least now she is in no discomfort and can run freely at the bridge.

Right now i have a pet store hairless girl that is starting to show signs of Megacolon :cry4: She was bred in the pet store as they did not separate the males from the females until all the females got prego :sad3: I have the mother and 2 babies(the mother also only had two babies) So i will now most likely lose a girl because of bad breeding :cry4: :cry4:

We are going to watch her and read up on this see if there is anything i can do but if not i think it would be best for her if i PTS sadly.

I have never had a rat with megacolon and I hope I never do. This would be way to much for me to handle. I am sorry for the loss of Lil'bit but I hope with her sad story you can put it to rest knowing you have educated many people.
RIP little bits :heart: & hugs to you Kimmiekins.

Back