The Rat Shack > Rats, Keep Out! > Just Kidding!! > 250+ Things Only Rat Owners Will Understand

Help Support Ratshack Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 05-08-2014, 02:51 AM   #1
Aida

Liked 223 Times on 168 Posts
Likes Given: 287

Default 250+ Things Only Rat Owners Will Understand

Or relate to^

1. Buying notebooks, pencils, erasers, books only because there are mice or rats on the cover

2. Eating a salad or fruit cup not at home, and having that thought of "Maybe I should put some in my purse for the rats..."

3. Friends who do everything to avoid the rat topic, once you get started you'll never stop!

4. Going to develop vacation photos, returning with 3 pictures from Sea World and 30 pictures of the rats' outtime

5. You never see anything but absolute cute when people try to find "ugly", black rat pictures to stick on plague powerpoints or poison bottles

6. Screaming "Nooo, you idiot! That's DANGEROUS!" whenever you see that one eccentric character in a movie/show/book who carries a rat around in his/her pocket/bag/drawer. (Just saw this in a movie 30 minutes ago... )

Oooookay that's all I can think of... for now!!!
I know you guys have loads more to add to the list.

Currently snuggling with Matilda, Oreo, and Ratatouille <333

"We shall pass through this world but once. Therefore, any good thing I can do, for any living being, let me do it now. Let me not deter it nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again."
People Like This 
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-08-2014, 03:48 AM   #2
Sheldon
Rataholic

Liked 567 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 8

7. There is nothing like the sound of raisins rolling around in a wheel.

8. Leaving the cage door open for a minute while you go answer the phone will only happen once.

9. Weekly dates with a sewing machine.

10. It is a joyous moment when your new addition finally pee-streaks you.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Bonus pets (fishes )
RIP Gollum, Carnival
People Like This 
Old 05-08-2014, 03:56 AM   #3
hopefloats
Not active.
RATS_MODERATOR.png

Liked 811 Times on 599 Posts
Likes Given: 803

11. Why you have so many pictures of rat testicles on your phone or fb page. Along with a long list of people tagged in those pictures.
People Like This 
Old 05-08-2014, 05:04 AM   #4
rhapsody

Liked 90 Times on 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aida View Post

2. Eating a salad or fruit cup not at home, and having that thought of "Maybe I should put some in my purse for the rats..."
I do that all the time when I eat out, especially at Japanese restaurants where they serve edamame - I'll roll several pods in a paper napkin and sneak it into my purse/pocket. Drives the hubby nuts!

12. When the last thing you do before leaving the house/apartment is to check to make sure the rat cage is securely shut, and the first thing you do when you get back is to run over and say hi/give treats.

I am loved by
3ratties:
Rupert, Russell, and Scamp
2 hamsters: Pooka and Colette
1 awesome hubby: Nick
1 non-fuzzy kiddo: Helen

Gone but never forgotten
Millie, Alice, Odin, Missy, Felix, Orville, Rufus, Jasper, Jezebel, Sophie, Ferris Bueller, Jonah, Wilbur, Mimette, Sweetibelle, Scootaloo, Basil, Oliver, Romulus, Stick, and Remus
People Like This 
Old 05-08-2014, 11:49 AM   #5
jorats
Not So Much
RATS_ADMIN.png

Liked 1534 Times on 1218 Posts
Likes Given: 197

13. When you get excited when you notice different colours of coroplast for the corral in the rat room.

14. When you see a box and you know it's perfect size for a rat castle.

15. When you see a fleece throw and the pattern and colour matches exactly what you have in the cage so it's a must have.

(#8 by Sheldon...LOLOLOL for sure!)
People Like This 
Old 05-08-2014, 02:10 PM   #6
temblabamomo

Liked 405 Times on 322 Posts
Likes Given: 133

16. When your co-workers frequently approach you with empty tissue boxes or paper towel rolls and ask "Do you think your rats could use this?"

17. When you have two separate debit accounts with your bank - one named "Me", the other named "Vet".
Always in my heart: Disashi, Barnaby, Hera, Quinn, Obie, Max, Moosie, Maserati, Bear, Morrissey, Wolfie, Helo, Cypress, MooShu, Lucky, Eugene, Sidney, Daryl, Steven, Oxeye, Moose, Jake, Evandus, Merle, Tyrese, Mo, Stanley, Malcolm, Saffron, Ernest, Yuri, Queen Mariel, Patrick, Crickit, Fingal, Barnabee, Squeakers, Flour, Irving, Tristan, Bjorn, Flash & Pony <3
People Like This 
Old 05-08-2014, 04:42 PM   #7
SterlingRats0408

Liked 610 Times on 490 Posts

18) When you ask people at work to put boxes, egg cartons and the paper cup trays from tims or mcds aside for you because they make good rat toys and its such a waste to just throw them out!
People Like This 
Old 05-08-2014, 05:12 PM   #8
rhapsody

Liked 90 Times on 58 Posts

19) Or instead of doing #18, you raid your work's recycle bins for potential cardboard/paper rat toys.

I am loved by
3ratties:
Rupert, Russell, and Scamp
2 hamsters: Pooka and Colette
1 awesome hubby: Nick
1 non-fuzzy kiddo: Helen

Gone but never forgotten
Millie, Alice, Odin, Missy, Felix, Orville, Rufus, Jasper, Jezebel, Sophie, Ferris Bueller, Jonah, Wilbur, Mimette, Sweetibelle, Scootaloo, Basil, Oliver, Romulus, Stick, and Remus
People Like This 
Old 05-08-2014, 05:27 PM   #9
temblabamomo

Liked 405 Times on 322 Posts
Likes Given: 133

20) When it seems perfectly natural to have little holes in your bedsheet, blankets, etc.
Always in my heart: Disashi, Barnaby, Hera, Quinn, Obie, Max, Moosie, Maserati, Bear, Morrissey, Wolfie, Helo, Cypress, MooShu, Lucky, Eugene, Sidney, Daryl, Steven, Oxeye, Moose, Jake, Evandus, Merle, Tyrese, Mo, Stanley, Malcolm, Saffron, Ernest, Yuri, Queen Mariel, Patrick, Crickit, Fingal, Barnabee, Squeakers, Flour, Irving, Tristan, Bjorn, Flash & Pony <3
People Like This 
Old 05-21-2014, 11:41 PM   #10
Bundyrats

Liked 42 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by temblabamomo View Post
20) When it seems perfectly natural to have little holes in your bedsheet, blankets, etc.
...and your t-shirts and pants...and having beads or button missing and chewed off...

I LOVE this post!! And I love you guys. It's so good to have people that understand.

#79 - knowing exactly how and where to stroke and using just the right pressure and technique to get the best possible tail waggle

#80 - having the 'Rattie Shuffle' move down-pat when entering the rat room so no-one gets stepped on

Forever in my heart Sheba, Meesha, Rosie, my heart rat, Charlotte the Busy Body, she was my Angel sent from Heaven straight to me, Whinny my little fighter, Chloe my tilty girl & sweet little Layla
People Like This