Neuter owies/New Issue!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, I'll stop it. The incision looks great to my untrained eye. No redness, swelling, discharge or blood. I will upload a picture later. It's hard to even tell where it is.:thumbup:

Here is his boo-boo:
It's blurry but the best I could manage with squirming

20150320_185240.jpg

Yay! I think he will be doing my 8/9 month old male (but I'm going to be sure I get pain medicine if he does!) He charged $123.50 so I think that's a pretty good price, and the best one in my area.

Ummmm, there is no human fast enough to stop rats from breeding if they decide to do it. No visits are safe unless there are bars between them!

I understand, but his sister is depressed because of being separated. She stopped eating and was lethargic. She perked up and ate when she saw him. I know of some people who have put neutered males with females after 1 week and they were fine. Their cages are close so they can see each other. I only did it once

Neuter abscesses do happen, they are usually sterile, and are easily taken care of even if really gross. :) At this point just watch, it may resolve on its own...if it starts to really swell up and change, you can try sitz baths in the sink in warm water to encourage the infection to come to the surface and open up sooner, then you would flush with saline to clean it out, twice a day until its healed up close to the surface.

Back