8 males and 8 females need a home - london on

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh

Hello I have 8 boys and 8 females rats that are approximately 7-8 months old who need a new home, I am moving to a apparment building and can't bring any with me :( and unfortunately lately I havnt had much time to be with them much because of work . The male colors are four grey, two black and 1 white, the females are 1 peach and white, 3 black, 3 grey nd 1 brown. I am worried about posting on kijji or bringing them to a pet store because I don't want them to be feeders . Here are some pictures http://tinypic.com/useralbum.php?ua=ZywB3hDdYUWUSK3v7mi8Lg==

Very sweet ratties :)

This info may help
http://www.ratshackforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23041

If you are in Ontario, I believe it is illegal for landlords to not allow you to have pets. (Although they may try, hoping you are not aware of the law)
You can check with other members such as Jorats and Lilspaz68

And in other places, most landlords will allow small caged pets like "hamsters",
you just don't say how many you have.

good luck

If you can't find good homes for them, you'll want to contact a rat rescue group. Some of those groups are listed here. They will ensure that the rats get adopted into good, responsible homes.

There's a rescue in Strathroy that has room for more. She has a large setup and has room. I will get her contact info for you.

In the Canadian Rescues and Shelters topics thread. Have to search through and find ones close to you. Hope you got in touch with Tanya. She is avaialble and has room.

When me and my aunt got there a guy answered the door and we went inside and he said they were going to be used to be fed to a snake .....

Last edited:
What? I hope not. I went in. I saw their accommodations.
I'm going to email her unknowing that you made contact. See if I can't clear this up
She rehomes them. I met her through kijiji cage swapping

Last edited:
Glad the guy told you Josh
many people claim to be rescues but use the animals as breeders or snake food or resell them to anyone to make money :(

I don't think that was really the case! I have met Tanya. She does not use the rats inappropriately.
She does not breed nor charge more then any other rescues adoption fee.
I believe this has been straightened out.

Back