URGENT:rats need homes/fosters in Toronto. leaving the country

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Give us the list for this group hun :(

Right now I know for sure a blue berk named misty, and a pew named dusty. I don't know their exact age I think around 12 weeks.

I also have three younger girls. Two are getting over a uri I've been medicating them for a week and a half. I've only had them for a week and a half but I absolutely love one of them. I feel ok rehoming her with her two sisters but it is really hard. One is a light brownish beige hooded named dove, an agouti hooded named Amora and a light grey mink named minki.

I'm still making decisions with the rest of them

I was not thinking right and messed up the names in the last post. So I will re-do the list. I am up at 2:00 am thinking about this but I think I've decided and made the right decision.

Dove - light brown/beige hooded. Being treated for URI. Very hyper and playful

Amora - agouti hooded. Being treated for URI, also hyper and playful.

Minki - light greyish mink. Tiniest one, she is playful but is the most calm and Will snuggle up with you if you hold her.

These three are littermates. If all three go together I will part with minki to the right home. I'm very attached to her and it is really hard for me to let her go. They don't like to be grabbed but they are awesome when free ranging and will let you hold them. They are about 10-12 weeks old

Snow - PEW, playful and sweet. Older than the other three probably around 4-5 months.

Rain- Blue berkshire, same age as snow, she is playful and loves to come out of the cage

Missy - dumbo agouti berkshire. She is gorgeous but a little wild, I haven't had her for very long but she did improve quite a bit. She will calm down if you force her to love you lol. Shes about 4-5 months as well.

Peach- beige capped, shes a rats rat but she can be worked with more. Shes not aggressive or a severe case she just prefers to do her own thing. Shes about 5 months

All of these girls live together, they are amazing with intros. They're all great rats, some I haven't had for very long and are a little shy but all of them can be handled and held. I planned to keep all of them as I love them to death, but I have to be realistic about my situation. They unfortunately won't come with cages as I gave all of my spares to the awesome woman that helped me with my first bunch. These girls are use to living in a large group so I would prefer them to go in groups, but pairs will do.

Last edited:
Theres a few changes in my list and some good news. :) a rescue that helped me before has offered to help again. But I don't want to over load her.

I have decided to keep minki, so therr arr only 6 to be rehomed. My sister has kindly adopted some of my rats with special needs or sickness. Ones that can't fly with me but loved too much to never see them again.

I would like to find homes for peach and missy firsg. They are the two that could use a little work with socialization. They aren't horrible, you can pick them up, they will run around on you, but they aren't cuddly and are pretty fast and hyper. Theyre a bit of a handful but are amazing rats. They just need someone who will let then free range and enjoy hyper rats.

If anyone is interested in them please let me know, or if you're interested in the others let me know as well. I will post some pictures tonight :)

Back