Anyone know who did this? [80 rats Abandoned]

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fumblesquid

Here is the article: http://www.reporterherald.com/news/.../fort-collins-rodent-rescue-more-than-80-tame

I'm wondering if anyone on this forum knows who could have done this. I'm so glad the law is taking this seriously,
because I've never heard of the law caring this much about our beloved pets. They are asking the public for help. Here is an excerpt:

If found, the abandoner would most likely be charged with one count of animal cruelty per rat, Downs said. Cruelty to animals is a class 1 misdemeanor in Colorado; a first offense can lead to maximum $1,000 fine and six to 18 months of jail time.

"We're asking the public for help — if they know who abandoned the rats in the natural areas, to please contact us regarding this," Downs said.

I know some users here have dealt with terrible breeders across the US and Canada and it wouldn't surprise me if this was a repeat offender backyard breeder. I don't want to jump to conclusions though, I just figure someone here could have some clues to who did this. These poor rats deserve justice!

Oh no...those poor rats. Thank goodness they were captured. The article made the rats seem sweet and they tried to be gentle with them as much as they could in these circumstances. Hopefully someone will come forward and say something...someone has to know something. That's a lot of rats.

Back