Himalayan Salt Lamp?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natalie_0599

Hi!

So recently at a Christmas party I saw that someone had a Himalayan salt lamp as a gift (it got stolen from me :( ) but I was wondering if anyone knows if a Himalayan Salt Lamp would actually help? They say they have air purifying qualities, I didn't know if anyone had experience with them or not on whether or not they help with air quality or preventing respiratory infections.

I have one girl who constantly has problems with sniffles and even the slightest bit of dust can start up an infection for her. So if there's something relatively inexpensive that might help, I'll do it. I just want to know if it'll actually do something.

Thank you in advance!

I don't know, you could try asking on Facebook, Real Rat Lovers want To Know

I find that an air filter with a permanent hepta air filter plus a replaceable carbon filter helps with air quality (never use an ionizer as they cause health issues in rats)

Himalayan salt lamps don't work. It is proven that a person would need a super large quantity of it to make a small amount of good. I wouldn't bother getting another one for the rats.

Back