What's a good price for this bundle?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RattusRattus

The person selling it is open to offers, and desperate to get rid of it. Posted for $250, already been lowered $50 to $200. Comes with an 8 cu.ft. bag of bedding (used once or twice to fill cage) and scoop for cleaning, two different wheels, an unopened bag of adult rat food, some treats, fluff (nesting material), a couple perches, space orb, and a water bottle.The green cage has been sold.

20934090_1582242498463437_5834446625555221992_o.jpg

Last edited:
what are the cage dimensions and is it free from rust? If it has a base at least 30 in by 18 in, and is at least 4 cubic feet in size, then check what it would cost new (What type of cage is it?) Does the cage fasten securely to the pan?
What is the bedding? ..... because it looks like it might be dusty or possibly pine - both will cause resp. issues

Is the large wheel broken? Why the black tape?

Small cage and small wheel are for mice or maybe for hamsters .... much too small for rats

Space pod looks good

Last edited:
Seems to be free of rust. Not sure about dimensions yet, but I have asked - just waiting for a response. I'm not sure about the brand. I've shared all the info that was on the original post.
It doesn't matter what the bedding is because I wasn't planning on using it (I prefer to use blankets).

I'll ask about the wheel, but my rat doesn't seem to have any interest in them (yes, that's 'rat', singular. She's new, and the soonest I can get her cage mate to be up to where I live is the 6th).

Small cage is gone, and I was planning on asking for the small wheel to be excluded - the person seems to be open to such offers.

Great :) So, what would you say it's worth? How about if I can get it without the small wheel and bedding?

until I know the answers, it isn't worth anything.
It may be too small for rats
If you can find out the brand name and dimensions, then you can check online to see what it would cost new
If your girl is small, then you will also want to find out what the bar spacing is

Back