Senile Border Collie

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph

This is what my old doggie Cleo does near the rat cage. She will sit outside my door crying until I let her in. And when I tell her no she goes and lays on the stairs crying. She needs Xanax or something...
All the noises in this video are her and when she makes those little whimper sounds her body shakes...
[ame]https://vimeo.com/125565528[/ame]
When she is next to the rat cage the ratties pay her no mind usually. Sometimes they bunch in the corner where she is sitting and stare at her. Sweet Pea likes to tease her....
When that happens Cleo usually gets overly excited and starts to bark....

That seems pretty normal from a border collie. In fact my bichon/poodle does something similar when he's allowed near the cage which I no longer allow anymore. I keep a gate at the rat room door so he can see them but can't be near them. After a while, he doesn't bother with them anymore. With a BC, it will probably take much more than that but you can train her out of that obsession. How old is she? She's gorgeous!

She's 12. She can hardly get up the stairs now. Doesn't seem to bother the rats. And if she gets too annoying I yell at her. But she will literally sit there for hours....

Back