PA (Washington, near Pittsburgh)-Rats for adoption or foster

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raquel

Hi,

Contact: Lindsay Pulman on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lindsay.pulman?fref=ts or pulman2 @ comcast .net (no space in email).

Black hooded lab rats need homes (Long Evans lab rats).
From Lindsay: "I believe they are only 3 to 4 months old, and I am waiting for more details from the college.

-Bred for:

Long life span

Very resistant to Mycoplasma

Very intelligent

Superior eyesight

White with black hood; occasionally white with brown hood

Strain of choice for psychology classes

Good maternal characteristics

Males may need neutered as they mature, for pair or group housing, depends on the individual personalities

Are more hyper-active and less submissive than typical PEW lab rats

This group will not have been handled much, will need socialization and training

They may be Specific Pathogen Free, I will find out."

To find out what sexes are available, chances for transport, or any other information, please contact Lindsay Pulman (contact information above).

Cross posting appreciated. Transport may be possible.

Thank you,
Raquel

-Bred for:

Very resistant to Mycoplasma

That would be amazing but very unlikely. Chances are they have just never been exposed to myco in the lab setting which might actually cause more resp issues in the long run as their bodies won't have any defense against it when they do come into contact with it.

I hope these ratties can find good homes.

Thank you, Amanda! Your caution is well taken. Rats do naturally come in various levels of resistance and Mycoplasma pulmonis in strains of various levels of virulence. You are right that exposure to mycoplasma in the lab may have been minimal, although I don't know as I have not been there.

Thank you,
Raquel

Back